Name: Tara Meyer
Location: Winipeg, Canada.
- 2015 PCS Championship; 1st Runner-Up
- 2014 North American Pole Dance Champion & People’s Choice Award
- 2013 Canadian Pole Fitness Championships; 1st Runner-Up Pro
- 2012 Canadian Pole Fitness Championships; 1st Place Semi-Pro
- 2011 Miss Pole Winnipeg; 1st place & People’s Choice Award
- 2011 Canadian Pole Fitness Championships; 1st Place Amateur & People’s Choice Award
Growing up in Alberta, Tara started training in dance at the age of nine and with extensive training (in all disciplines of dance) she became a professional dancer at sixteen. She travelled and trained at the Ecole de Danse Classique de Monte-Carlo, L’École supérieure de ballet du Québec, Alberta Ballet, and The Edge Performing Arts Center in L.A.
Straight out of school, Tara was chosen, by Kelly Kono (Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake’s Dancer), as Canadian Female Dancer of the Year and offered a position with Princess Cruises where she worked as a featured dancer for 5 years.
Upon returning back to ‘land’, Tara had settled in Victoria, B.C., and enrolled in school and became a personal trainer. She continued to dance also finding time to become a STOTT Pilates instructor. In 2011, Tara was hired to teach dance and fitness at a pole studio. She was interested to try pole and was fortunate enough to attend a workshop that was taking place in Vancouver taught by Jenyne Butterfly. After seeing what Pole Fitness was all about; Tara discovered a new love. With only two months of training, under her belt, she competed in a major Canadian pole competition which she won. This year, Tara represented Canada in the World Pole Sports Championships 2014, in London England. Over 150 athletes between the ages of 10-64 from 30 countries took part. Tara placed 15th in the World. Her latest achievement, the 2014 North American Pole Dance Champion & People’s Choice Award, earned her a spot to compete in the 2015 PCS Championships at the Arnold.
- Tara is the proud owner of VogueFit, an elite studio located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Completing pole certification with X-pert and becoming a pole fitness instructor herself gives her the pleasure to pass the compassion and excitement onto her students.
- Tara loves teaching, the rush of competing and entertaining, and always loves learning and developing new techniques.